Friday, January 25, 2008

Ways and words you can pray for your children



Confident Kids
16 Ways to Pray for your Children ©Bob Hostetler



1. salvation "Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory" (Isaiah 45:8, 2 Timothy 2: 10)
2. growth in grace "1 pray that my children may grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3: 18
3. love "Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to 'live a life oflove,' through the Spirit who dwells in them" (Ephesians 5:2, Galatians 5:22)
4. honesty and integrity "May integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection" (Psalm 25: 21, NL T)
5. self~control "Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be 'alert and self-controlled' in all they do" (1 Thessalonians 5 :6)
6. a love for God's Word "May my children grow to find your Word more precious than gold, than much pure gold; [and] sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb" (Psalm 19: 10)
7. justice "God, help my children to love justice as you do and to 'act fustly' in all they do" (Psalm 11:7, Micah 6:8
8. mercy "May my children always 'be merciful, as [their] Father is merciful" (Luke 6:36)
9. respect(for self, others, authority) "father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as your Word commands" (1 Peter 2: 17a)
10. strong, Biblical self-esteem "help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2: 1 0)
11. faithfulness "let love and faithfulness never leave [my children] but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts" (Proverbs 3:3)
12. courage "may my children always Be strong and courageous in their character and in their actions" (Deuteronomy 31: 6)
13. purity" create in [ them] a pure heart, 0 God; and let their purity of heart be shown in their actions" (Psalms 51: 10)
14. kindness "Lord, may my children always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else" (I Thessalonians 1 :6)
15. generosity "grant that my children may be generous and willing to share [and so] lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age" (I Timothy 6: 18-19)
16. peace, peaceability "Father, let my children make every effort to do what leads to peace" (Romans 14: 19)
Diane K Reynolds

No comments: